Goodbye and Hello

Category: By DuNi

What is so important about bikes that I even dedicated to write something about it?
I love biking even though it doesn’t love me.  Right from my first “free-fall” in a ditch, I have always been fascinated with biking.   Whether it is because my foot itches all the time to take the road less traveled or well beaten, or because I really wanted to see the horizon ahead, my curiosity for reaching where the road ends is endless, I suppose.
I like biking.  Even if the adrenaline rush is different from racing (even videogames), there is still a slight rush that you can feel.  Or you could just leisurely stroll and enjoy the scenery, it’s not as boring as you can think, as long as you know how to appreciate nature even at it’s ugliest state because of so-called progress.
I adore my bike, and even though it has been one of my treasures, I have to say there will always be a limit for its usage.  And even though it is still dependable, it can’t bring me beyond the next stage of my journey.  Besides, the 20 inch tires make me looks dorky, the entire bike is a little bit small for the long, arduous trail that I have planned to conquer – if I can.
I definitely have to lose the beer belly and biking could probably help me get into shape, so I planned to build a bigger one, adequate for my need.  For now, I do not need those fancy rides I see at forums and hobbyists’ sites.  Anything with good wheels and a strong frame will do.  
My old Decathlon Rockrider is a good one, but I think the wheel sets won’t be able to withstand the harsh conditions that I plan to do with the bike.  Too keep the story short, I am changing bikes because I am trying something different, and changes means saying goodbye to the old and welcoming the new.



12 comments so far.

  1. Babaeng Macho *-* August 25, 2009 at 1:32 PM
    weeee!! kumusta ang logo:P
    kala ko b si dakilang che:P
    oi i like i like!
    gawan mo ko ng ganyan:D thank you!
  2. DuNi @ August 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    kinapos ng budget... papagawa na lang ako ng che para sa headtube...
    nakita ko sa may hiway 400 lang pa-pintura hehe...
  3. *- donna may -* August 25, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    si eddon nlng mag-bike.. baka rayumahin ka! lols :p
  4. Babaeng Macho *-* August 25, 2009 at 2:53 PM
    pareng Du..ano ba to bmx style:D
  5. DuNi @ August 25, 2009 at 10:03 PM
    sa kanya mapupunta yung bike na kulay blue sa likod...
    actually sa kanya na yan, kaso lagi kong hinihiram kasi ako ang gala!
  6. DuNi @ August 25, 2009 at 10:04 PM
    mountain bike yan... hardtail na old frame...
    pero balak ko palitan ng suspension fork, tapos puro aluminum para pwede pang akyat sa baguio... lols...
  7. Babaeng Macho *-* August 26, 2009 at 10:42 AM
    tapos baba punta pangasinan,wahehehe;))
  8. DuNi @ August 26, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    ayoko sa Pangasinan!
    maraming halimaw dun sa bisikleta!
    baka pakainin lang ako ng alikabok!
  9. Babaeng Macho *-* August 26, 2009 at 3:07 PM
    hoy sementado na dun noh!:P
  10. DuNi @ August 26, 2009 at 4:13 PM
    yun na nga mahirap sa Pangasinan eh!
    sementado na pero yung mga siklista dun nagpapakain ng alikabok!
  11. Philip Mariveles August 26, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    kung hihiramin ni Mar Roxas bike mo papayag kb? heheheh
  12. DuNi @ August 27, 2009 at 7:53 AM
    hinde... hindi naman siya marunong mag bike... PR lang yun!
    kung ipapahiram niya si Korina ipapahiram ko rin ang bike ko lols...

Something to say?